Alcon Front Brake Kit - Subaru 08-21 Wrx
Alcon was founded precisely because brakes are not just brakes. As well as being the primary active safety system on any car, the best brakes inspire confidence, augment the joy of driving and reduce lap times far more effectively and affordably than by adding power. And the best brakes are what we make, alongside clutch and pedal box systems for some of the most demanding and discerning clients on earth.
Track performance, on the road.
We use our extensive knowledge of specialist and performance braking solutions in all of our applications, including aftermarket brake kits. At Alcon, we can transform the braking ability of a wide range of cars and in all environments from every day driving to high intensity track work. All our braking systems are tested far beyond anything even the most demanding customer will be able to subject them to. And reducing stopping distances is just the start.
As racers and road car enthusiasts ourselves, we are no less interested in the feel that the brakes provide. We also know that our brakes must work from the first application in a sub-zero climate, to the last corner of a lap record run. They must be lightweight, but also exceptionally durable. They should be quiet but resistant to fade in even the most extreme circumstances.
Alcon’s brake kits are specifically engineered to give you exceptional braking performance and are the pinnacle of aftermarket brake kits. Whether you choose an Advantage Extreme brake kit or a range-topping RC4/RC6 kit, you can be sure that in every area that matters, your Alcon brakes will excel.
Alcon has been at the forefront of motorsport braking innovation for over 30 years.
Aesop said ‘A man is known by the company he keeps’, and there is no better way of judging our motorsport credentials than the list of clients we have supplied over the years. From McLaren, Bentley and Aston Martin in GT racing, to Volkswagen and Citroen in the World Rally Championship. From Formula E to World Rallycross, many of the world’s greatest factory teams have chosen Alcon.
They know that Alcon doesn’t just supply the best brakes, clutches and pedal boxes on the market, but also ultra-fast turnaround times without compromise to quality, a personal relationship, and a determination to pioneer the new methods and technologies to keep us and, therefore, them, always ahead of the game.
On or off road, open wheel or closed cockpit, race, rally or any other form of motor sport, the world’s great manufacturers trust Alcon to design, develop, supply and support the most technologically advanced and highest quality components for their competition cars.
Advantage Extreme - Aftermarket Performance Calipers
Our Advantage Extreme brake kits utilise either the Mono6 CAR97 or Mono4 CAR98 calipers and are specifically engineered to give exceptional braking performance both on the road and on the track. Perfect for those who want that extra bit of braking performance from their car, we provide a full upgrade kit which includes everything needed to fit it to the car.
- 6-Piston Monobloc Caliper Front Only
- Gravity die cast for monobloc constructions using aluminium alloy for optimum strength and weight.
- Monobloc piston design for high stiffness (firm pedal) with low weight.
- Piston bore sizes are staggered to ensure even pad wear.
- Pin-mounted pads provide low threshold pressure and low noise.
Alcon 2-Piece Floating Discs
Advantage Extreme discs have been engineered to produce optimum bite, thermal stability, and durability in an exceptionally high strength to low weight design. This has been achieved by combining a special Alcon-developed iron alloy disc with an aerospace specification alloy bell.
All Alcon Discs Feature:
- Unique crescent grooves on friction faces provide the bite usually associated with drilled discs without the attendant durability problems.
- Directional curved cooling vanes for optimum cooling performance.
- Alcon’s floating disc system* (as used in the majority of applications) has been designed to allow thermal expansion of the disc throughout its life while minimising the tendency to judder.
What’s in the box
All Alcon Big Brake Kits include all the parts that you will need, excluding brake pads and fluid (see below):
- (2) 4 or 6 Piston Alcon Caliper
- (2) Alcon Special Iron Alloy Disc or DBA 5000 T3 Slotted Disc
- (2) Vehicle Specific Bell Assembly with Fixings
- (2) Vehicle Specific Caliper Bracket with Fixings.
- (2) Vehicle Specifc ADR Approved Brake Line (Goodridge or HEL Performance depending on availability)
Brake Pads - Sold Separately
Brake pads are not included as this allows the end user to select an appropriate compound to suit their driving application. We offer a range of Hawk Performance pad compounds to suit your needs, from street performance pads with low dust and noise properties all the way up to full motorsport pads to suit endurance/high temperature/high friction requirements.
- Larger brake kits may require larger wheels and/or wheel spacers for fitment. A fitment diagram can be provided by request. Please email us your exact vehicle details and we will reply with a diagram you can print and test fit on your vehicle.
- Rear brakes kit for vehicles with drum parking brake are compatible with OEM hand brake assembly but are recommended for off-road use only. The 2-piece rotors are assembled with an alumnium hat which will wear out with regular use.
- Rear brake kits for vehicles with mechanical caliper parking brakes (eg. Honda Civic EG/EK) will require a hydraulic park brake assembly (sold separately).
- Rear brake kits for vehicles with electronic caliper parking brakes (VW Golf/Audi) will require either a hydraulic park brake assembly or secondary caliper (both sold separately).
Please consider important notes above to confirm vehicle fitment.
- 2008-2014 Subaru WRX/STI
- 2015-2021 Subaru WRX VA
- 2015-2017 Subaru STI
Caliper Fitment Diagrams:
Here you will find printable templates for the Alcon Big Brake Kits. To use:
- (1) Download and print this template. Verify that the template is printed at full scale by measuring dimensions A & B. It is helpful to glue or tape to a piece of cardboard. The dashed line represents the maximum profile of the caliper.
- (2) Remove Wheel from Vehicle. Place face-down on the ground (take care to ensure you don't scratch the wheel face, place a towel or sheet down first).
- (3) Place the wheel location spigot of the template inside the wheel and rotate the template, checking that there is a minimum of 2mm clearance between the caliper profile template and the wheel in all positions (spokes, barrel, etc..) Wheel balance weights may be moved if clearance is an issue with them.